Vein & Vascular Center of South Florida is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. To make an appointment, call (954) 964-6684.
– Please let us know if you have seen any of our doctors before or if this is your first visit.
– Please verify with your insurance carrier that our physicians are participants in your plan.
– Please ensure you have the proper referral from your primary care physician if required by your insurance plan.
Changing or Canceling an Appointment
If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please call our office as soon as possible, (954) 964-6684.
If your medical information is not already present in our office, on the day of your appointment, please bring:
- Medical records pertinent to your illness
- Completed forms (see forms section)
- Xrays (MRI, CT scans, plain films, angiograms)
- Xray reports
- List of medications
- Insurance cards
- List of any food or drug allergies
- Referral from your primary care physician (if needed)
Please note: Many insurance policies require an authorization from the patient’s PCP (primary care physician) before the patient can see a specialist (Vascular Surgeon) without incurring out-of-pocket expenses. Please bring with you or be certain that we have proper authorization for evaluation by a Vascular Surgeon in order to avoid personal expense or the need to reschedule your appointment.
- Referring physicians – Please have with you: names, addresses, phone numbers, and fax numbers of all the physicians you want the doctor to write to.
- List of questions you want to ask the doctor
During the Office Visit
The doctor and his staff will review your medical history and examine you. Please make sure your medical records and any previous test results are sent to our office before your appointment or you may bring them with you. Your doctor may want you to have more tests done. We will make every attempt to schedule the tests at a time convenient to you. Some tests may require authorization from your primary care physician.
After Your Office Visit
If you have questions after your office visit, please feel free to contact our office.
It is our plan to contact you regarding your test results. (Please keep in mind; it may take a week for some testing results to become available.) If you do not hear from us, please contact our office and ask for your physician’s Medical Assistant.
If surgery is indicated, our office staff will coordinate a convenient date for you and the physician.